- An individual, business, or itinerant merchant pays a $25 fee; charitable or non-profit organizations are exempt.
- $25 fee (cash, check, credit card) must be submitted with application.
- Solicitor License is good for 28 consecutive days and can be renewed three times per year.
- All solicitors must provide their own background checks.
- All applicants must be approved by the Police Department within five days.
- After the applicants have been approved, the City Clerk issues the permit letter.
- No new names can be submitted for processing on the original application any later than seven days after the permit is issued.
Individuals distributing flyers DO NOT NEED A PERMIT but must place flyers at the front door of a residence.
Information Residents Need to Know
- All solicitors (excluding charitable or non-profit organizations) must carry their permit letter on their person.
- Solicitors must abide by "No Trespassing" or "No Solicitors, No Peddlers" signs.
- "NO SOLICITORS/NO PEDDLERS" front door stickers are available at City Hall.
- Solicitors may only solicit at the front door (main entrance) of a residence.
- Hours of solicitation are as follows:
9 a.m. - 7 p.m. during November, December, January, February, March
9 a.m. - 8 p.m. during April, May, June, July, August, September, October
- There is no solicitation on a state or national holiday.
- Call the Police Department at 636-537-3000 if a solicitor comes to your residence without a permit.
- Always remember: BUYER BEWARE
Application for Solicitor License, click HERE
Application for Itinerant Merchant License, click HERE
City Clerk - Vickie McGownd
Deputy City Clerk - Molly Taylor
690 Chesterfield Pkwy W
Chesterfield, MO 63017-0670