Welcome to Chesterfield Parks, Recreation and Arts! We have a wide variety of programs and events, as well as numerous parks and trails for you to enjoy the outdoors, spend time in the community and explore Chesterfield!
- City parks, green spaces, trails, multiple medians, on and off ramps along the highway and landscaping throughout the city
- City facilities which include the Chesterfield Amphitheater, the Chesterfield Family Aquatic Center, Chesterfield Valley Athletic Complex and the Chesterfield Community Center at the Chesterfield Mall
- Recreation programs at all our facilities and parks
- Free summer concerts, special events, and ticketed events at the Amphitheater
- Multiple runs, sporting programs and leagues at the Chesterfield Valley Athletic Complex
- Pavilion Rentals
- Community Garden program at Eberwein Park and the Parkway Garden
- The Chesterfield Dog Park
- Environmental programs
- The Parks, Recreation & Arts Citizens Advisory Committee, the Chesterfield Citizens Environmental Advisory Committee and the Parks, Recreation & Arts Committee of Council
The Parks, Recreation & Arts Department is nationally accredited and we have four areas of expertise to serve the residents and guests of Chesterfield. These are Parks, Recreation, Arts and Entertainment, and Sports and Wellness.
A Note From Our Parks Director, TW Dieckmann...
Greetings! My name is TW Dieckmann. I am your Director of Parks, Recreation and Arts for the City of Chesterfield. Our department was established in 1994. We have grown into a nationally accredited department through the Commission for Accreditation of Park and Recreation Agencies (CAPRA). This is through the National Recreation and Park Association. CAPRA provides quality assurance and quality improvement for agencies. It does so by providing a management system of best practices. It is a highly valuable measure of an agency’s overall quality of operation, management, and service to the community. It demonstrates that our agency and our staff provide Chesterfield with the highest level of service. We were accredited in 2011, 2017, and again in 2023. You can expect our same commitment to excellence and customer service.
We have almost 500 acres of developed parkland for your enjoyment. Our parks are open year-round from sunrise to sunset. The Chesterfield Valley Athletic Complex (CVAC) is located along Outer 40 Road. You will find ball diamonds, multipurpose fields, sand volleyball, pickleball, trail access, and our universally accessible Catch 22 Miracle Field here. CVAC is considered the premier recreational sports venue in the region. Chesterfield Amphitheater, the Family Aquatic Center, and Veterans Honor Park are each located in Central Park. They entertain and serve thousands of visitors each year. Chesterfield Community Center is centrally located inside the Chesterfield Mall, and offers programs for a variety of ages and interests. We have over 16 miles of trails, including the Monarch Levee Trail. And, don’t forget to enjoy a nature hike while watching bald eagles fly around the lake and timberland at River’s Edge Park.
Parks and recreation services have a positive impact on people, our communities, our economy, our environment, and our quality of life. Chesterfield has amazing staff and leadership. It is a beautiful city with a lot to offer and enjoy. We look forward to serving you, your family and friends. Please feel free to contact me or any of our outstanding professional staff. We would love to hear from you!
TW Dieckmann, CPRE
Director of Parks, Recreation and Arts
636.812.9503 | firstname.lastname@example.org