Frequently Asked Questions

Q: What type of programs does the Chesterfield Parks, Recreation & Arts Department offer?
A: For detailed Chesterfield Parks, Recreation & Arts Department program information, please go to the appropriate links:

Q: Are the school parks open for public use?
A: The school parks are open for public use only during non-school hours (before/after school, weekends, holidays, and breaks).

Q: Who do I contact in case of a parks maintenance emergency?

A: If it is during the week (Monday-Friday), during business hours (8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.), please contact the Parks, Recreation & Arts Department at 636.812.9500 or If it is after hours or on a weekend or holiday, please contact the Chesterfield Police Department at 636.537.3000.

Q: Can we bring in outside food and beverages at the Chesterfield Valley Athletic Complex or Chesterfield Family Aquatic Center?
A: No outside food or beverages are allowed within the Chesterfield Family Aquatic Center or the Chesterfield Valley Athletic Complex.

Q: Can we bring in outside food and beverages into the Chesterfield Amphitheater?
A: Yes, only on free events such as the Sounds of Summer Concert Series or Movies Under the Stars. No outside food or beverages are allowed at the ticketed events or ticketed concerts. If you have questions, please contact 636.812.9500 or email

Q: What forms of payment does the Parks, Recreation & Arts Department accept?
A: Chesterfield Valley Athletic Complex accepts  Visa, Mastercard, and Discover. Amphitheater concessions accepts all major credit cards, mobile payments, and prepaid cards. Chesterfield Family Aquatic Center front desk and concessions accepts cash, Visa, Mastercard, and Discover for admission. 

Q: Where is the CVAC lost and found?
A: On the east side of the D/E concession stand (by the circle drive) and it is open any time the complex is open.

Q: How can I rent a field at the Chesterfield Valley Athletic Complex for practice?
A: You can fill out the facility usage permit and turn it into the Recreation Manager - Facilities with at least one week notice to the time of request. For more information on renting a field at the Chesterfield Valley Athletic Complex, please contact the Recreation Manager - Facilities at 636.812.9500 or email

Q: Are pets allowed in the Parks?
A: No person shall bring any animal into areas of a park, facility, and/or trail area that have been marked by signs bearing that pets are not allowed (i.e. pets are prohibited from the Aquatic Center and all playground areas).

Q: Does my pet have to be on a leash?
A. Except as part of an organized, authorized, or supervised Parks, Recreation & Arts program or in a designated area such as a "Dog Park" or an "Off-Leash" area, all permissable pets where permitted shall be restrained by leash no more than six feet in length and held by a competent person.

Q: Are helmets required for children when riding their bikes, skate board, in-line skates, coasters or scooters within a park or on a trail?
A: It is required that children under the age of 17 wear an approved (Snell or ANSI standards) helmet when riding their bikes, skate board, in-line skates, coasters or scooters in a city park, facility and/or trail area.

Q: Where can I access the Levee Trail?
A: Trail Heads are currently located at the west-end of the Chesterfield Valley Athletic Complex near the A fields, on the north side of Top Golf parking lot and off Long Road, near the railroad tracks.

Q: Can I have amusement rides, inflatables, games, booths, bands, DJ, tents or portable barbeque pits at the Park/Pavilion?
A: The use of amusement rides, inflatables, games, booths, activities, portable barbeque pits, tents, bands and DJ's etc. are prohibited in any city park, facility and/or trail area unless specifically approved in writing by the Parks, Recreation & Arts Director.

Q: Where can I go to view art in Chesterfield?
A: Visit the Arts tab on the Parks, Recreation & Arts Page for updated information on sculptures, art exhibits, and upcoming events. Under the Arts tab, click on “Arts in the City” and you will find an Interactive Art Map to help guide you through a tour of public art located within our parks and around the City of Chesterfield. Also, you can visit Chesterfield City Hall in person during normal business hours to view the current Art Exhibit, featuring talented artists from around the region and switched out quarterly (most artwork is also available for purchase). Find more information about Art in Chesterfield under the Arts tab.

Q: Where can I buy tickets for events at the Chesterfield Amphitheater?
A: Please visit to purchase tickets and for all upcoming events and specific show details. 

Q: Does the City have a memorial tree program?
A: Yes, you can find more information here:

Q: Where can I find the length of the Parks trails?
A: You can find more information about each trail here: